A Haunted History of Invisible Women: True Stories of America's Ghosts by Leanna Renee Hieber and Andrea Janes



#audiobook #negalley #ghosts

Audiobook Review

Wow yall.

I like to tell those who don't read audiobooks that a good narrator will take an ok book and make it so much better. In this case, the narration made the book so much more enjoyable even during the parts where some details can become dull and your mind can wander.

In this one, we have so many different stories about ghosts, witches, and all sorts of paranormal happenings where the actual person is forgotten in the stories. Or the woman will be known for horrible things that were things that happened to her. I loved the details on each story and how not all of it was believed to be true.

I did not find a lot of stories where the woman/women who died to make them seem more powerful as the blurb claimed, but it did showcase how a person can die and anyone can make a story out of them.

While I loved these tales, my one criticism is that it was so long. I would have loved for this to have been about the less known stories and have focus on those, but I do recommend this for anyone interested in the other worldly.

GR Link

Comments