Light My Way Home (Treasure Trail #1.5) by Morgan Brice


 

#mmromance #ghostlove

When I read the blurb on this one, I knew I wanted to read it, cause ghosts are my jam, but I wasnt sure if I would be missing anything since I had not read any other book in the series.

I am happy to say that it was absolutely a stand alone.

Spoilers ahead

So in here we have Monty. A bear with a gentle soul who also can see the departed souls as he was a medium. He is a park ranger who's next assignment was at the lighthouse in Cape May, NJ. And yall, I live in Jersey and I could hear the accents. It was awesome.

Jon was a stunt man in the 50's when it was not safe to be gay. His partner, a movie actor, was killed by getting involved with the mob (this is Jersey after all) but before he died, he let slip that he and Jon were lovers. The mob guys blackmailed Jon into being a courier. The night that Jon decided to take the money and run, they killed him on the beach right next to the Lighthouse.

Slowly but surely, these two fell in love. Jon was known to the locals as being the ghost who saved people. One day, he saved a diver but used to much energy that he disappeared. Monty did not know what happened and was in mourning.

They eventually get back together when Jon was able to return and had ghost phone sex. The ghost went inside Monty and had Monty get off and they both enjoyed it.

Letting Jon possess him was like an I-was-afraid-I’d-never-see-you-again bear hug on a cellular level. Monty couldn’t feel physical arms embracing him, but Jon didn’t try to hide what he thought or felt. Monty did his best to be just as open, not wanting anything to go unspoken. For a long time, he just stood there, soaking up the reality of Jon’s presence, letting his heart begin to heal.

 

I’ve never exactly done this, Monty confessed, thinking at Jon instead of speaking aloud because it seemed more intimate, knowing Jon could feel his nervousness.

Been with a man?

Had sex with a ghost.

Just do what makes you feel good. I’m sure I’ll enjoy it, Jon replied, and Monty didn’t need to see his face to catch his smirk.

 

Slow down, Jon instructed in a low, sexy tone that sent a shiver through Monty.

Consider it foreplay. Linger.

Gotta admit, I’m kinda self-conscious.

Don’t be. You’re perfect just the way you are. Now how about taking those clothes off in front of a mirror so I can enjoy the view?

 

Bottom or top? “A little of both. I like to switch.

Huh. I just figured—

“Yeah. Everyone does. I don’t think I’m more macho if I top, or less of a man if I bottom. They both feel good in different ways. I like that— and I like to give both to my partner.”

 

Get yourself off, Monty. Let me see you, hear you, feel you come.

That’s it. So beautiful. So sexy.

Maybe next time we can do a full possession where you’re in the driver’s seat so you can control what my body actually does to,um, me.”

You trust me that much?

“I love you. And yes, I do.”

 

I really enjoyed this one and will be reading other books in this series.

Comments