Stone Wings (The Gargoyles of Arrington) by Jenn Burke



Holy Amazeballs! I started this book today and finished it within hours. If the rest of the series was already done, I would have inhaled those as well.

I got to be honest, I have never read anything by this writer before, mainly because of the lack of KU titles, and so when this story showed up on gay romance reviews, I jumped at the chance to read it. And I am so glad that I did.

Spoilers ahead

In here we have Josh, who comes from a family that has been taking care of the gargoyles forever. These gargoyles sleep for 100 years and then are awake for 25 as they were cursed back in the 1500's or something like that. These poor guys have suffered a lot. There used to be 5 brothers, but one found his love, became human, and died and one was killed by a wolf pack that was supposed to protect them.

Drew has known Josh since he woke up, back when Josh was 5. 20 years later, they go on a fake date that changes everything. These fellas thought that they would instantly know who was their "love" like the one brother did, but that was so wrong.

Back when they were cursed, they had no idea why it happened but lo and behold, that woman is still around and still wants what was supposed to be hers.

The ending chapter was of one of the other brothers, I am assuming he is going to be in the next book, trying to find help with the curse.

I loved this. I will read the other books when they are released.

And I gotta say, I think that the alpha of the wolves is going to be the elder brother's love. I am typing it out here so that I don't forget before we get to his story.

GR Link

Comments