Possibly Texas by Chase Connor



Ok then...

Now this was my fault for not reading the blurb as I should have and not realizing that this was a YA coming of age type story. But once I started reading it, I quite enjoyed it.

This story was about a teen, Jordan, who is literally dumped on the side of the road and told to walk into town and find a stepfather he had not seen in years. His mother was not a good mother and he was mistreated and seriously needed help.

Now my first thought was that this was weird, I mean, this guy is going to let some kid he doesn't know just stay in his house and pay for everything? I also found him to be a bit off.

Then there is the town of Possibly. It's full of unusual people who eventually come to accept Jordan. I wish Levi was a potential love interest, cause he was so sweet. Though if Starbuck becomes his Daddy, that would be ok.

Jordan meets Auggie, who is very different. He has to come to terms with liking a boy, which he does, but only after messing up with Auggie. In a lovely twist, Auggie admits to being non binary, which didn't even make Jordan blink and immediately started using the correct pronouns.

My nitpicky thoughts on this one were the following, this could have been a few hundred pages shorter. Some of what happened went on and on and on. Not every single thing needed to be described. Though the muffins made me crave one.

I also think a longer much deeper conversation between Jack (the stepfather) and Jordan. I mean the kid was literally abandoned by his mother. He needed some sort of help and being a kid, he couldn't get that on his own.

Comments