Wayward (Wanderers, #2) by Chuck Wendig



#horror #longbook #netgalley

While I knew that this was gonna be a long book, since I read the first one, I gotta say that this one is too long. Even a good story can be hurt by going on too long.

Anyways, onto the book.

This one picks up 5 years after the first one ends. There are some of the main people back for this, like Benji and Shana. Also the bad guys, they stayed the same as well. There were a couple of newbies, but they were not really fleshed out.

Things are weird in the location that Black Swan chose to bring the flock to. Speaking of the flock, they act more like cultists than people. Shana feels like an outsider, like they know more about her and what is supposed to happen and they are not telling her what that is.

So things happen, the various people all get into situations that need resolving, and eventually Benji and Shana return to the town after having to leave. Not getting into spoiler details, but I gotta say that whole thing left me asking myself WTF??

Let's talk about that ending. Like, I was reading that and muttering out loud cause really? After all the years, all the suffering, and that's it?

All in all, it was a decent book. Not as good as the first one, but close enough.

I got this one from netgalley.

Comments