Dead Serious Case #2: Mrs Delores Abernathy (Crawshanks Guide to the Recently Departed, #2) by Vawn Cassidy



#mmromance #paranormal

I am having a hard time putting my thoughts together on this one, as I honestly loved it.

Spoilers ahead

I still love Jacob Marley. I wish that there was more of him.

“You’re a dick,” I tell him with great conviction.

“Get a cat, they said,” I mutter under my breath. “It’ll be great company.” I snort as I reach into another cupboard and pull out several large saucepans and pots.

“Next time I’m getting a dog,” I tell Jacob Marley, who is flat out ignoring me. “It may drool all over everything and chew my shoes, but at least it will love me unconditionally, unlike you, you spiteful little Jezebel.”

In this one we still have Tristan, the pathologist who can see ghosts, and Danny, the Scotland Yard detective who seems to always include Tristan in his cases. They are still so sweetly and sickly in love with each other, though its only been 6 months.

“Your feet are cold,” he mumbles.

“You know those are some finely honed observational skills. Have you ever thought of a career in law enforcement?”

“Want me to read you your rights?” He chuckles as he rolls his hips against me, and I let out a burst of laughter. “Oh my god, that was terrible.”

His tongue slides back in to tangle with mine as his fist tightens, and I moan obscenely into his mouth. A shiver rolls down my spine, and I can feel my balls tightening. “Hold that thought.” He pecks a quick kiss to my lips and jumps out of bed, leaving me splayed out like a starfish with my rock-hard dick poking out of my PJs. “What?” I blink through a haze of lust as Danny shoots me a grin and disappears into the bathroom.

So we learned in the first book that Tristan's dad has a degenerative brain disease and lives in a home to be cared for. One day while visiting, Tristan sees something floating by and runs after it. He discovers that one of the residents died and that it was murder. Imagine the DUN DUN here.

So Dusty is still around, as she is Tristan's spirit guide and there was a twist that I was not expecting that happened after Tristan was drugged by one of the little ole ladies.

During all this, Danny thinks that Tris is acting strange and its because of the whole asking to move in together thing, not because of all the ghosts hanging around. But Tris decides to come clean and asks Dusty to help him.

“Come on .” She tugs me and we start walking back down the path. “I’m going to help you get your man…” She stops suddenly her eyes widening. “Oh my god, this is totally like the moment in Grease when Sandy asks Frenchie to help her. Oh! Does this mean we get to do a makeover?”

“I’m not dressing like a slut to get my man.” I roll my eyes as we start walking again.

“And his name’s Danny too! Oh this is too perfect, are you sure you don’t want a makeover?”

Dusty is just as glam in this one as she was in the last book.

Things of course get resolved and Tris does come clean. 

“I mean I can see their ghosts, their spirits, souls— whatever you want to call them. I see dead people. I’m talking full -on Haley Joel Osment , dead people popping up all hours of the day and night trying to talk to me.”

“Have they ever caught us before?” I ask curiously as he rises up onto his knees and strips his sweater off, leaving him gloriously naked in front of me.

“Um,” he grimaces guiltily, “not exactly.”

“What do you mean not exact–” I break off and I suddenly know. “The other day when you had my dick in your mouth and then you suddenly rolled me up in sofa cushions and hustled me into the bedroom?”

He squirms slightly. “They didn’t see anything.”“

They?” My eyes pop

Now, I need to know more about Sam and the cute witch. I dont care if they get together or what, but I need their stories.

Also the very hot death 

Comments