24/7 Demon Mart Publisher's Pack Books 1-2 by D.M. Guay, narrated by Todd Haberkorn

Audiobook Review

#audiobook #notaromace #funnyhorror

Since this was 3 stories, I'm going to review them separately in the same post. Spoilers abound, be warned.



The Graveyard Shift #1

I dunno how to start this one. I laughed my butt off for most of this, but the main MC, Lloyd is really unlikable. I mean, he is a "My Dear" fedora dude in the flesh and I would think he spent a lot of time on certain sections of reddit, because that is how he comes across. He dropped out of college, got kicked out of his girlfriends apartment, and now lives with his parents. He also owes a lot of money to everyone. He has no job, no money, no self respect. Nothing.

One day, he decided to go get a slushie with the remaining money he had only to find out that he must have lost some of the coins as he rode his bike to the store. Having already made the slushie, he was thinking of stealing it. Then some weird stuff happens and suddenly he has a job. Now mind you, he never reads the manual for the job so he was thinking that this was a normal store and that is not what he got.

He literally spent the rest of the book learning things he would have already known had he read the book. Or asked questions. Or even used two brain cells.

I have no idea why, but I was sucked into this audio and this new to me narrator, and I am about to start book two.




Monster Burger #2

Yall..

I laughed my butt off with this one. I have no idea why but Lloyd has grown on me. I think I actually adore him now. I do wish he would just read the freaking manual.

In this one, horrible things keep happening to the night shift at Demon Mart. One after another, with no real reason. The ending had me, I did not actually guess the reason for all this. It was a great twist.

For this story, we had an angel in an 8 ball, evil nekkid pixies, a giant plant named Larry who was pregnant, men with no heads as their faces were on their chests, and zombies. Lots and lots and zombies.

Lloyd, Kevin the roach, and Dee Dee (I am not sure how it's spelled, I read this in audio) are a kick ass team and I cannot wait until book three.




Hell for the Holidays - Novella

Omg, this might be the best one yet.

Lloyd is off of work for the holidays and you would think that would mean some peace and quiet but oh no, not for this group of workers of the Demon Mart.

So it is Christmas and it is the only time of year that Lloyd's parents have their own parents over and those parents hate each other. But due to the fact that it's going to snow like 25 inches, the family arrives a day early. The day of the annual party that everyone else was coming to.

Spoilers from here on out because I want to share this.

So Dee Dee and Kevin the roach show up, as does Doc a fella that runs a cursed pawn shop who has the hots for Lloyd's grandmother. One of the monsters from the store is outside cause Dee Dee snuck him out of the store before it was locked down.

While all this is happening, the storm, the people in the house, the party, and all that, a van filled with escaped murderers is heading toward their area.

The horrible woman that is a "friend" of Lloyd's mother and has been in each book so far, causes the van of murderers to have an accident and they die. Their ghosts then want vengeance and possess the snowmen that Lloyd worked so hard on.

Then that ending. Like the rest of the books, the ending of this novela was awesome.

I am loving Lloyd's growth. He is still weak and has not read the manual, but he is learning to be more selfless.

The narration was beyond good and I will definitely listen to more by this narrator.

GR Link

Comments