Ghost of Deceit (Medium Trouble #3) by Alice Winters



Oh my dear goodness...

Listen, I'm a die hard Alice Winters fan. Have been since the first book I read, so this is gonna hurt me to admit that something was off about this one.

In this third installment of Hiro's story, he meets yet another person who can see ghosts like him and this one is actually evil, unlike in book two.

Spoilers ahead

Like omg!! Sorry I had to get that off my chest. I think Hiro is actually forgetting/losing any step forward in regards to his powers. Again he lets ghosts use his own power to hurt him. He figured out how to stop that before. But now could only do it while touching Maddox? Speaking of him, Maddox is now not a full person. He's just there for Hiro to try to be funny with.

The storyline in this would have been awesome, had it gone darker. Sure murders happened but they were off page and there was very little tension. Unlike in the assassin guide and vrc series, which had humor, emotions, drama, murders and sucked you into the story, this one did not. It took me days to finish it.

Also, there was no sexytimes until 97% and that was a quickie that was just stuck in, like oops, I forgot about the sex, here read this scene instead of an epilogue.

Of course I will buy this in audio, as I have with all the other books.

Comments