Bobby Ray Breaks the Universe by Rob Rosen



Yall, I gotta start reading the blurbs better when I request titles. Maybe I missed that this was going to be such a religious story? I thought I was just gonna get some redneck mm love with some humor thrown in.

In here we have Bobby Ray. A redneck that lives in Georgia and drinks too much. He has lost his husband as Matty with the mullet and himself were bad for each other. As in the cops kicked in their door bad for each other.

Then one day, as he was going over to kill a man that both he and his ex husband slept with, an angel and a demon showed up. Bobby Ray did not end up killing the guy, but he did sex up the demon. So I count that as a win.

Something bigger was going on here, as the demon was pushing Bobby Ray to kill and end up breaking all 10 of the commandments while the angel was hellbent on making sure that did not happen.

The rest of the book is basically about redemption. Bobby Ray finds out that being clean and good is the way to go and he and Matty with the mullet end up back together.

There was a heck of lot of religious stuff in here. I was expecting a bit since its Georgia and angels and demons were involved, but we got every religion in here.

You cannot avoid it, so skipping those parts would pretty much ruin the story. But this was funny and I enjoyed it. It made me miss home so much, it's been a long time since I have seen a really good mullet.

GR Link

Comments