The Fire Island Ice Queen by B.J. Irons



The four stars I give to this was based totally on vibes...

Was this the best written story? Uh no, to be honest I was worried that I might have to dnf it at the beginning but I'm glad I kept going. This honestly had the bones to be a five star read but it really needed to be edited. Outside of all that, I enjoyed it.

So this book was gay. Not just regular gay, but over the top almost camp gay. But this did not have any sex described on page. Just mentions of having sex.

In here we have Connor, who apparently was a prude who was cheated on and dumped. His good friend Byron and friends take him to fire island for a gaycation. Luckily, I live around the area and knew what that area was. Also, apparently college kids these days have lots and lots of money.

Conner meets Lawrence and they come up with a plan to get Conner all free and more gay. Conner gets blacked out drunk, does a drag queen volleyball game, twerks, and sings karaoke. Lots of things happen, then the ex tells Lawrence that they are getting back together and Lawrence leaves without talking to Connor.

They never exchanged info so Connor and Byron go all romcom and film an Instagram message that somehow gets to Lawrence and they kiss and ride off into the sunset.

You really just need to be able to turn your brain off for this one, but its worth it.

GR Link

Comments