Hide by Kiersten White - Narrated by Emma Galvin



#audiobookreview #horror

Oh goodness me.

When I first learned about this book, I was so excited. It sounded like something that was made for me. And boy, was I wrong.

First off, while I prefer more than one POV, having 500 of them was a bit too much. For example, the spa visit. It was literally one or two sentences for every person. One after another after another. Then a random POV from the masseuse.

I figured out what was happening by the time we got to the spa. If I had not, the masseuse would have given it way.

This was so slow that one could honestly have cut 4 hours of audio out and not missed anything.

Fair warning, I am spoiling this for anyone who thinks about investing in this audi0.

Mack and some others signed up for a supposed survival game show where they are taken to a small town and locked in an abandoned amusement park. One would think that the lack of cameras would have been the first clue that something was off. Or maybe that every single young person there was not going to be missed if they were never seen again.

Not to mention the history of these people. There is no way a TV show would allow any of them on screen.

Anyway, they are to hide during the day and if they are caught they are supposedly taken out of the park to wait until the 7 days are over. Of course all that is lies. A massive chunk of the book was about these people hiding. Hiding is not exciting when you are doing it, reading about it is even worse.

I swear, even the times spent in the past trying to explain why this town does this was boring.

Nothing about this was scary, it was a total snoozefest.

GR Link

Comments