What Remains by Garrett Leigh



Y'all this broke my heart

Its usually hard to understand yourself, but imagine having to do it twice? It was heartbreaking reading some of this one.

Usually, I do not like different time lines in stories where it goes back and forth multiple times, but in here it was needed. I was able to see these two fall in love while Rupert was sitting at the bedside of Jodi. Which made me so sad about what happened when Jodi woke up.

In a nutshell, this story was about falling in love, losing that love, and falling in love again but with a slightly different person. While the body may have changed, the parts that make you who you are was still there.

I was mightily confused about the added epilogue. I read misfits but I do not remember Jodi being in it. But regardless, I didn't see why it was added. Maybe it was just me, but while I loved seeing Rupe and Jodi falling in love, seeing him track down a former flame didn't make me feel happy.

GR Link

Comments