Night and Day by Georgia C. Williams



In this story, we have Joel, a 30 year old fella who has never been kissed, who lives in NYC. We know that this is New York due to all the tours we were given. I know some readers were stuck on the actual details, but for me, it was the Duane Reade that took me out of the story.

Now the other mc in here is Raiden. Yes, his name really is that and he has cherry blossom tattoos and is very very tall. He is also Japanese. I am not sure what was going on in this story, but to me, this was less a real Japanese person and more of a fetishization of what one would assume a Japanese guy would be.

I could have overlooked most of that, but the story itself needed editing. Like when the Yakuza were using revolvers. Or when Joel became the savior. Or sentences that did not flow at all.

The lack of chemistry between them is what made this hard to read. I can let things just go along, no matter how bad, if the story hooks me in. But this did not.

I am giving it 2 stars cause I made it to the end of the book to see that they danced to Journey's Open Arms.

GR Link

Comments